Saturday, February 16, 2008

Time to do some work


Here's a little whimsy for you!
Today I need to write an artist statement for the gallery show next week. Well I have never done that before. I think it is a good idea though. I think I'll send it with each piece of art I sell on ebay as well. Makes me feel authentic. Makes me think about why I do art. We'll see how this goes. I've never really done a gallery show before. It's nice to be invited. I'm not really interested in selling at a gallery. I think. But it is nice to get exposure. So...I'll do it. Just another step in the direction of a long held goal. "To be in a gallery." I'll let you all know how this goes. It starts Friday the 29th with an Opening Reception. It runs for 15 days. It's not the show that I am used to doing. You can't add to it. It is what it is. I must finish up some pieces and do it fast as they are due on the 22nd.
So enjoy the whimsy and I'll be back sometime next week.
peace....and make it a great weekend.

3 comments:

LIBRE said...

good art i'm from barcelona spain
http://dirtybarcelona.blogspot.com/
your link in my space

Kims Art said...

I love the whimsy. Are you showing just the angels or all types of work?

katie said...

congratulations on the gallery opening; always lovely art here and now beautiful music too!

  • click to send me an email

  • Don't let us get sick.
    Don't let us get old.
    Don't let us get stupid, all right?
    Just make us be brave.
    And make us play nice.
    And let us be together tonight.

    --Warren Zevon
  • Quotes

    I love people. I love my family, my children...but inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up.
    ~ Pearl S. Buck

    Ultimately, my hope is to amaze myself. The anticipation if discovering new possibilities becomes my greatest joy.
    ~ Jerry Uelsmann