Saturday, August 2, 2008

Death

Bernie died late on Thursday. He was 85 years old and he was worn out. He was a long time sweetheart of my mother. She took care of him daily for the past 15 years. He was a very special man. I spent days at the VA Hospital with him. It had become my job to take him to the VA for regular exams. His funeral is on Tuesday and it is not what he wanted. His son and my mother did not agree on where to have the funeral and his son did not honor Bernie's wishes. My mother and our family took care of him for years but now have nothing to say about him or any of it. I am so sorry that his son did not consider my mothers feelings or Bernie's wishes. I would have made it a lot easier. I will miss Bernie very much. He was a kind, and intelligent person. He loved my mother very much. Please pray for all concerned.
Thanks

4 comments:

Katie Jeanne Wood said...

i'm so very sorry for your loss.

Susan said...

I am so sorry and will keep you all in my prayers.

A tired retired recluse @ Swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/ said...

I get amazed everytime I hear a story like Bernies. Know that you are not alone with this sort of situation. May your loss and sadness be lightened as you work through this.

Kims Art said...

I am so sorry for your loss, and I will keep you both in my prayers.

  • click to send me an email

  • Don't let us get sick.
    Don't let us get old.
    Don't let us get stupid, all right?
    Just make us be brave.
    And make us play nice.
    And let us be together tonight.

    --Warren Zevon
  • Quotes

    I love people. I love my family, my children...but inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up.
    ~ Pearl S. Buck

    Ultimately, my hope is to amaze myself. The anticipation if discovering new possibilities becomes my greatest joy.
    ~ Jerry Uelsmann