Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Isn't life strange?
As a mother you give and give. When there is not enough...you go without. You say, I really don't want any. You pray for the best for all your children. You help those who need it the most. After all you're only one person. But you still love them all the same. Then one day maybe when they're teenagers they turn on you. They hate you. They want to move out and run away and they are not afraid to threaten you with that. They hurt you with words you know they can't mean. But it hurts none the less. You, being wiser than they hide the hurt and wait for them to apologize. But they don't. They come again with wants and needs and they are human for awhile. This was never suppose to happen to you and your kids.

Then they grow a little and they actually care again. Once more for awhile. This coming and going it part of my life I guess. This year the one who never cared cares. She's the one who's grown into an adult. Maybe because shes been able to experience some of the things she used do. The grandchildren that I have raised, and caught hell for doing that, are now hating me along with the people who thought that I shouldn't have helped them. I once heard that you know you've done your job when they hate you. Well, they hate me today and it's okay.

I'm going to see my own mother and be with her. She is 89 years old and is like a child again.

And the circle continues.


" I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables—slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war . . . our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

—Fight Club, 1999

No comments:

  • click to send me an email

  • Don't let us get sick.
    Don't let us get old.
    Don't let us get stupid, all right?
    Just make us be brave.
    And make us play nice.
    And let us be together tonight.

    --Warren Zevon
  • Quotes

    I love people. I love my family, my children...but inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up.
    ~ Pearl S. Buck

    Ultimately, my hope is to amaze myself. The anticipation if discovering new possibilities becomes my greatest joy.
    ~ Jerry Uelsmann